Pizza at Home Recipe From Scottsdale’s Favorite Pizzeria
Things are a little uncertain right now, and for the time being, all Bottled Blonde locations are temporarily closed to comply with government regulations pertaining to the containment of COVID-19. We were sad to have to close our doors to all of our amazing customers here in Scottsdale, but rest assured, as soon as it is safe to do so, we look forward to being your favorite food and nightlife destination!
Here’s What You’ll Need
When you decide to brave the grocery store for your necessary provisions, pick up these ingredients so that you can be adequately prepared to create your own pizza sensation! Here’s what you’ll need to get cooking:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ cup warm water (which you probably already have at home)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 medium-sized diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
Once you have these ingredients together, you’re ready to start creating your very own Self-Quarantine Pizza!
We’re going to walk you through the process of making your own tasty pizza dough! If you have opted to buy pre-made dough, or a pre-made crust, that’s fine we suppose, but we also believe there’s something more delicious and satisfying with making your own easy dough from scratch. Here’s how:
- In a large baking bowl, combine your packet of active dry yeast and sugar with 1 ¼ cups warm water. Give it a stir to help it dissolve, and let it hang out for about 5 minutes to activate. Once the time has elapsed, add your salt and your canola oil, then start adding and mixing in your flour a bit at a time. Keep doing this until a soft dough forms (you may not need to use all of the flour, but you probably will.)
- On an extra clean surface, spread out some flour to help keep your dough from sticking. You’re going to use this surface to knead your dough for a few minutes. Turn out your pizza dough onto your floured surface, and begin to knead for about 2 to 3 minutes (basically folding the dough in on itself until it becomes smooth and stretchy.) You’re building up the strands of gluten in the dough when you do this, which give it that nice, chewy texture. Grease up a big bowl, place your dough inside it, making sure all sides are covered with oil. Cover the bowl with some cling-wrap, and let your dough rise for about 45 minutes. Cook your beef and onions over medium heat until no longer pink and onions are soft.
- Punch your dough down, divide it in half, and spread them into greased 12 in. pizza pans. Combine your tomato sauce, oregano, and basil, and spread evenly over your crusts. Top them with cooked beef and onions, green peppers, and cheese.
- Bake your pizzas at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and crispy.
We Can’t Wait to Serve You Again
When it’s safe to gather again, Bottled Blonde can’t wait to serve you. Until then, stay safe, treat each other well, and enjoy your pizza!